Skaffa Premium för att gömma alla reklamer

Det ursprungliga inlägget

Inlagd av KYBL, 07.06.2013 - 20:41
Lately I have notices something which I never noticed before. In the past, allying used to mean something, and the only people who would ally numerous people are the lower ranks. What I have noticed now is that it is upper ranks (As high as rank 7 in many cases but goes higher in some cases) doing the same thing. The issue with this is that it is encouraged and completely suppresses skill in the game. These people will defend it by saying "I have good strategy by allying the right people", when realistically, they are allying everyone, not specific people to their advantage. They will say that people who do not do this are bad at making friends or do not have the skill of "teamwork".

The simply thing is, AtWar has an allyfagging problem which is undeniable by anyone who plays regularly.

Allying has an advantage if your aim is winning, but it provides no additional skill. Consequentially, you will have rank 8's with the skill level of what a rank 5 or 6 should be. Why is this a problem? People who do want to be good at the game and actually want to play without getting rushed by 3 people who have a massive army thanks to not fighting anyone while you have been fighting everyone around you will not be able to win. It suppresses skill and replaces it with friendship, which should not be a factor in this game.

So how do you fix this? There are a few ways to do it:

• Putting people who allyfag on your enemy list so you can fuck them later
  • Make your game "no alliances"
  • Make more standard world maps
  • Discourage it to younger players or demonize those who do it

In reference to "Make more world maps", allyfagging is much more common in custom maps than standard world maps. This is probably due to a higher knowledge of the map and more experience with it, while people may not know custom maps as well.

Thanks for reading and please comment your opinion
11.04.2017 - 01:50
Freeman
Kontot borttaget
Atm, this is an issue. Ffa games are pestered with it. But at least the suggestion with Ally end button should be implemented imo
Laddar...
Laddar...
11.04.2017 - 04:33
Create your own games. Team games maybe. Or with one ally or no ally and settings cant be changed. There you are. Enjoy your fight.
Laddar...
Laddar...
11.04.2017 - 05:04
Skrivet av Gogok, 11.04.2017 at 04:33

Create your own games. Team games maybe. Or with one ally or no ally and settings cant be changed. There you are. Enjoy your fight.

But then google chrome will come and change the settings so that he can ally everyone. The world is not fair!
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
11.04.2017 - 09:53
Skrivet av KYBL, 07.06.2013 at 21:17

There are also the faggots who wallfuck first turn but they arent very common anymore

hmm....what?

Skrivet av KYBL, 08.06.2013 at 06:15

Skrivet av Unleashed, 08.06.2013 at 02:15

Skrivet av KYBL, 07.06.2013 at 21:43

No, that is the problem. Good players cant play because ultimately, a hoard of shit players is better than one good player.

No they're not, Dbacks won 6v1.

I once won 5v1, I had USA and they had everything else, I successfully defended untill all the 50 turns passed. I had highest SP ofc trolololol. If they wanna allyfag they can do it it's not against any rules. What's up with these noob threads. So many rank 9 noobs

Allyfag is just an opportunity to kill them all and get a ton of SP. If you care about SP that is, I stopped caring long time ago

Good for you and good for Dbacks, but for you, I have one question. What turn did this start? turn 38 as USA could have easily defended everyone else for enough time. If you had to win in the end, that would be a bigger problem for you.

Dbacks must have been playing crappy players. I was playing a 3v1 yesterday (Not that they were allyfagging, I was just in between three empires larger than me) and lost, but I did very well against them even though I shouldnt have. It was an ancient world. Judaea (Me) vs Carthage, India and Europe. The fact is that while you can do well in these, it is unlikely you will win.

I played rp won 6v1 before as well. It was in colonial supremacy i think, i barely expanded out of the european zone (i was russia) and i barely sent any reinforcements from asia
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
11.04.2017 - 11:18
Its lost skill, lost mapmakers, lost competitive players, lost its mapmaker, lost its admins, lost clans, hell its even lost clovis. RIP.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
11.04.2017 - 18:09
Skrivet av Permamuted, 11.04.2017 at 11:18

Its lost skill, lost competitive players, lost its mapmaker, lost its admins, lost clans, hell its even lost clovis. RIP.

Hey, at least we now have Atwar gossip in the news channel & an active mod!!!
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 03:47

Its lost skill, lost mapmakers, lost competitive players, lost its mapmaker, lost its admins, lost clans, hell its even lost clovis. RIP.

its kind of lost RP too :'(
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 10:42
Skrivet av GOD 2.0, 26.07.2013 at 12:45

Maybe increase the rewards for winning the game alone with out making peace or allying. but that might make people betray more.

Have sp say start at 100% and each alliance you make decreases your overall sp by 10% no matter if you back stab or not on custom maps.
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 10:43
Skrivet av Guest, 12.04.2017 at 03:47

Good rp caused this by turning every single rookie into a fucking casual teat with no skill.
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 10:54
Skrivet av Helly, 12.04.2017 at 10:43

Good rp caused this by turning every single rookie into a fucking casual teat with no skill.

i play rp, yet i win cws and duels against competitive players..... so rp cannot be blamed for skill loss.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 10:57
Skrivet av Guest, 12.04.2017 at 10:54

i play rp, yet i win cws and duels against competitive players..... so rp cannot be blamed for skill loss.

i eat humans, but i also donate to charity.... so cannibalism cannot be blamed for my insanity
----
The enemy is in front of us, the enemy is behind us, the enemy is to the right and left of us. They cant get away this time! - General Douglas Mcarthur

Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 11:01

Your the exception not the rule, there have been a dozen rp players to transition from being total garbage while hudreds abandone the game because they get bored of rp and can't transition to the actual meat of the game.
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 11:26

you narb, being a competitive player and an rp player makes you a freak case. not representitive of the whole.

lol @ check
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.04.2017 - 16:15
Skrivet av Tundy, 11.04.2017 at 18:09

Its lost skill, lost competitive players, lost its mapmaker, lost its admins, lost clans, hell its even lost clovis. RIP.

Hey, at least we now have Atwar gossip in the news channel & an active mod!!!

Not real Atwar gossip though...
----

Skrivet av Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Laddar...
Laddar...
14.04.2017 - 07:27
Waffel doesn't make the gossip nor does it care, therefore the gossip is irrelevant. Case closed
Laddar...
Laddar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Integritet | Användarvillkor | Bannare | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Följ oss på

sprid vidare