Skaffa Premium för att gömma alla reklamer
28.03.2021 - 17:55
I know I do. I wanted to take a moment to thank Sid for removing the menace that is Waffel from atwar. You've truly created a more peaceful and friendly community. I no longer have to open roomchat to agressively spammed Shakira lyrics. Word of your competency as a moderator/admin must spread throughout the community.

Can I get a Heil Sid?
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 17:59
 Sid (Admin)
I understand the sarcasm and the twisting of intentions but yeah, it feels better already.
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 18:02
 Nero
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 18:02
Yok be
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 18:08
I didn't pick up any sarcasm. One of us must be autistic
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 18:10
 Nero
Skrivet av Tribune Aquila, 28.03.2021 at 18:08

I didn't pick up any sarcasm. One of us must be autistic

If that's the case there is no way it can be you, Sean. Sid must be the autistic one here.
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 18:50
 Dave (Admin)
AtWar is a private organization; the Moderators are part of the staff. There is no good reason they should have to put up with abuse -- of any kind. If people are rude or disrespectful to my staff, out they go.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 19:09
Skrivet av Dave, 28.03.2021 at 18:50

AtWar is a private organization; the Moderators are part of the staff. There is no good reason they should have to put up with abuse -- of any kind. If people are rude or disrespectful to my staff, out they go.

I noted in your post history that you were critical of the chinese regime particularly with their attacks on free speech. I find it interesting that you've adopted some of their policies in your moderation and game management approach.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 19:24
 Dave (Admin)
Skrivet av Permamuted, 28.03.2021 at 19:09

I noted in your post history that you were critical of the chinese regime particularly with their attacks on free speech. I find it interesting that you've adopted some of their policies in your moderation and game management approach.

I'm a big supporter of unrestricted free speech -- in the public square. The Chinese regime is indeed evil, in this and many other areas.

However, I think you've missed my point. This has nothing to do with free speech. It's about common courtesy. I don't tolerate rude or disrespectful customers in any of my real life businesses, and I won't tolerate it here. Simple as that.

You wouldn't go to a nightclub and tell the bouncer he's "incompetent", would you? He'd throw you out on your ass. This is no different.
----
--Sun Tzu

Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 20:03
Skrivet av Dave, 28.03.2021 at 19:24

I'm a big supporter of unrestricted free speech -- in the public square. The Chinese regime is indeed evil, in this and many other areas.

However, I think you've missed my point. This has nothing to do with free speech. It's about common courtesy. I don't tolerate rude or disrespectful customers in any of my real life businesses, and I won't tolerate it here. Simple as that.

You wouldn't go to a nightclub and tell the bouncer he's "incompetent", would you? He'd throw you out on your ass. This is no different.

I think most bouncers would be a little more thick skinned than that. I've heard them get called much worse than that with no consequences. And a 30 day ban is the equivalent of putting someone in hospital. I once saw someone threaten to rape Ivan/Amoks wives in global because the servers Dc'd. That person is now a moderator. If Waffel had done that, I think I would respect Sid's stance.

I've called Sid incompetent publicly in the past. I'd do it again. The last straw was when he deleted 1 of my clans cws illegally and then had clovis edit the rules after the fact to justify his decision. The proof is there in the threads and timestamps but It doesn't matter as Sid has become your RL friend and your policies have made the staff virtually untouchable to the point where random players like me have to use sarcasm and satire to make points.

What saddens me is that you've allowed this to happen. I thought you liked waff. If Sid had half a heart he would've reduced the ban but he just stubbornly clings on to it to make a point. I had remained silent until now in the hope he would relent. Most people here are just kids/young people looking to burn some time on a game they enjoy and we currently are in a global lockdown. It's cruel.

I've accepted that even by making this post I risk a permaban. So be it.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 21:14
 Dave (Admin)
Skrivet av Permamuted, 28.03.2021 at 20:03

I think most bouncers would be a little more thick skinned than that. I've heard them get called much worse than that with no consequences. And a 30 day ban is the equivalent of putting someone in hospital. I once saw someone threaten to rape Ivan/Amoks wives in global because the servers Dc'd. That person is now a moderator. If Waffel had done that, I think I would respect Sid's stance.

I've called Sid incompetent publicly in the past. I'd do it again. The last straw was when he deleted 1 of my clans cws illegally and then had clovis edit the rules after the fact to justify his decision. The proof is there in the threads and timestamps but It doesn't matter as Sid has become your RL friend and your policies have made the staff virtually untouchable to the point where random players like me have to use sarcasm and satire to make points.

What saddens me is that you've allowed this to happen. I thought you liked waff. If Sid had half a heart he would've reduced the ban but he just stubbornly clings on to it to make a point. I had remained silent until now in the hope he would relent. Most people here are just kids/young people looking to burn some time on a game they enjoy and we currently are in a global lockdown. It's cruel.

I've accepted that even by making this post I risk a permaban. So be it.

Pick whatever analogy you like, the bottom line is rude behavior toward the staff will not be tolerated. I would hope that in real life you don't go around to (restaurants, bars, arcades, choose your own analogy) insulting the staff to their faces. It's no different here. (If you DO go around insulting people in real life, then there's no hope of us agreeing on this topic...)

Also I'm not Ivan or Amok. With all respect to them, I think they let a lot of bad behavior pass unpunished, and that's how atWar came to be such a toxic place in the first place. I will not be so easy about it.

I do like Waffel. That doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants. Personally I thought the 30 days ban was too harsh, but I respect Sid's decision. I'm pretty sure he would reduce it if Waffel apologized.
----
--Sun Tzu

Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 21:23
 Dave (Admin)
I guess its a sign of how much society has gone down the tubes, when asking people to behave with common courtesy has become a controversial topic
----
--Sun Tzu

Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 22:24
 Sid (Admin)
Skrivet av Dave, 28.03.2021 at 21:23

I guess its a sign of how much society has gone down the tubes, when asking people to behave with common courtesy has become a controversial topic

He's even kicking people from his own clan who associate with me outside of atwar.

It's not a majority of players atleast. It's a handful of people who just get their rocks off trying to make others miserable.
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 23:17
Hey atwar was never toxic!

Its just the snowflakes that thought atwar was toxic and who cares about them. Wasted oxygen, wasted lives. Forever irrelevant. Just some nitrogen taken from their stenchy dead bodies to fuel the infinite cosmic dance of the universe.

<3 atwar <3 waffel
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
28.03.2021 - 23:29
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 01:06

Could we by chance have an update that allows us to add staff members to our ignore list, if they get harassed they just ban whereas if the staff harass us we can't even ignore them.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 01:08
 Sid (Admin)
Skrivet av Augustus Caesar, 29.03.2021 at 01:06

Could we by chance have an update that allows us to add staff members to our ignore list, if they get harassed they just ban whereas if the staff harass us we can't even ignore them.

I'm confident none of the staff are harassing you. But if they are, let me know.
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 02:00
Message deleted by Sid. Reason:
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 10:09
Message deleted by Sid. Reason:
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 10:20
Skrivet av Bisexual, 29.03.2021 at 05:09

I think you hit it the nail on the head tbh, waffel done something punishable but the punishment was a bit much whereas there are others who done far more and received far less or others who done less but received more. I think subconsciously the lack of consistency by some individuals is what caused the up roar in the beginning. That's just my 2 cents on the take anyway.
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 11:01
Skrivet av Augustus Caesar, 29.03.2021 at 10:20

i say kind off the same. 30 days was too much but the ban as a whole was OK.
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 12:32

45 players checked this post, 45 different views on the situation...
I personally like Waffel, and often I spammed these Shakira lyrics with him, but we must be clear about one thing: Waffel's activity on AtWar was not limited to these lyrics spams....
Waffel was constantly trying to discredit, provoke and taunt, especially the people that carry some role in the game (are members of the staff, as Dave calls it now). You can't blame Sid, or any staff member for what happened with waffel. It is not Sid's fault, but the result of Waffel's constant disrespect towards this game and expecially staff... If he finds this game and its staff so bad, why does he bother cheking it daily!?

The bottom line is that the reason for Sid's action is the drop that spilled the cup. No one's patience is forever...
On the other side, I agree with you that 30days is too much. So, you can only argue that the length of ban was unfair, but not the ban as a whole.

It is only 30 days, people have faced worse bans yet no one batted an eye nor made any noise.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 13:45
Skrivet av Red.Army, 29.03.2021 at 12:32

45 players checked this post, 45 different views on the situation...
I personally like Waffel, and often I spammed these Shakira lyrics with him, but we must be clear about one thing: Waffel's activity on AtWar was not limited to these lyrics spams....
Waffel was constantly trying to discredit, provoke and taunt, especially the people that carry some role in the game (are members of the staff, as Dave calls it now). You can't blame Sid, or any staff member for what happened with waffel. It is not Sid's fault, but the result of Waffel's constant disrespect towards this game and expecially staff... If he finds this game and its staff so bad, why does he bother cheking it daily!?

The bottom line is that the reason for Sid's action is the drop that spilled the cup. No one's patience is forever...
On the other side, I agree with you that 30days is too much. So, you can only argue that the length of ban was unfair, but not the ban as a whole.

It is only 30 days, people have faced worse bans yet no one batted an eye nor made any noise.

that's for the same reason most people didn't publicly oppose the nazis in the 1940s. Fear. Waffel is a light-bringer. Some people are made to lead revolutions and waffel seems to be the one chosen by fate
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 14:01
Maybe will help waffle get a life...

Love you waffalafel
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 16:03
Atleast Waffel didnt deleted for playing cws like njab and soldier.
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 17:55
As I've written before I think the ban was overly harsh, and shouldn't have been handled by Sid who was directly involved. Signalling impartiality in a game which recruits its mods from the player base is very important. I don't see that removing annoying players, at the cost of mods using their powers to solve personal issues, is a net positive for the community. The (unpaid) 'staff' are players as well, this isn't just some business where you have a clear-cut line between customers and employees. At least have another mod handle issues where a mod is involved. That's a reasonable request and would improve player trust in the moderation process.
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 18:26
Skrivet av Your Monkey, 29.03.2021 at 16:03

Atleast Waffel isnt deleted for playing cws like njab and soldier.

Wait I completly forgot about the other soldier from like 2 years ago
----
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 18:55
Don't make it a racist, waffel is black and maybe he hasnt meet the eye in your eyes shake hands being a man, i want waffel to second chance, we need everyone to uphold whatever were doing here. say
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2021 - 20:12
Since i reach 100 kg i feel very safe and stronk

im fucking gorilla
no brain just fuck
no think before approach woman
i just go like gorilla no brain

i will become superfuckman
all day fuck
24/7
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
31.03.2021 - 10:02
Every day of this ban-period, waff adds another 30 insults on different languages to the hate-sid list.

Shorter ban means shorter hate-sid-list. If ban doesnt get reduced i think perma ban cant be avoid. That insult list gonna be too strong D
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Laddar...
Laddar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Integritet | Användarvillkor | Bannare | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Följ oss på

sprid vidare