Skaffa Premium för att gömma alla reklamer
01.05.2012 - 06:06
I love turn based strategy games. i remember many years ago some friends and i would spend hours and hours playing one called "master of monsters" for the sega genesis. this was a hex based TBS that was WAY ahead of its time. does anyone else remember this gem ? Another one I enjoyed was Age of Wonders. Im looking for a similar game but with a military theme, got any suggestions?
----
"A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
Ernest Hemingway
Laddar...
Laddar...
01.05.2012 - 06:40
 YOBA
>1991
>playing Sega Genesis Mega Drive (the name for it in the rest of the world)
>not playing SNES

Also, I wasn't even born then... along with most people here, probably.

I can know of a few good military-themed hex-based and turn-based strategy games though if you want. I don't know what Master of Monsters was like, but I know of several ones in the same genre a more realistic theme.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Laddar...
Laddar...
01.05.2012 - 08:54
Skrivet av YOBA, 01.05.2012 at 06:40

>1991

You do know the year 1991 makes people like in their twenties right?
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Laddar...
Laddar...
01.05.2012 - 17:02
 YOBA
Skrivet av Deray YG, 01.05.2012 at 08:54

>1991

Yeah, but it doesn't mean you come out of your mother's womb and the first thing you do is play the Sega Mega Drive. You need to be of a certain age to do that, like 36, duh.
----
YOBA:
Laddar...
Laddar...
01.05.2012 - 17:13
Lol'd
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Laddar...
Laddar...
01.05.2012 - 17:15
I'm only 16 but I have some pretty fond memories of playing NES and SNES as a child. I was always a generation behind with consoles though. I got my N64 when the gamecube came out, got my gamecube when the Wii was coming out and I got a PS2 when the PS3 was out haha. In the past few years I've gotten myself a Wii and a PS3 though lol.

As for the actual topic of this thread, are you looking for games on any specific platform?
----
This doesn't really say anything, it's just a space filler while I try to come up with a better signature.
Laddar...
Laddar...
01.05.2012 - 19:50
Bahahaha. Yeah Im 36, ive gotten a chance to really see pc and console gaming go through major changes. sometimes for nostalgia i run the sega .rom or other games on an emulator. Im hoping the software for an xbox emulator comes around soon. . .
Counterpart, PC is what im looking for. we have an xbox but it only plays certain discs no matter how clean i get the laser reader. maybe some day ...
----
Ernest Hemingway
Laddar...
Laddar...
02.05.2012 - 13:17
Im not sure of other millitary based turn strategy games,but you should try some RTS's like C&CG or world in conflict.
and by the way,as a kid i've never realy had any of the SNES or sega genesis,but out of boredom,i've beat SMBC
Laddar...
Laddar...
02.05.2012 - 14:33
 YOBA
Alright, here you go:

The Strategic Command series of Battlefront.com is probably one of the longest-running series of turn-based strategy games of all time, save for HoMM and Civilisation, perhaps. Oh yeah, and these guys made the hyper-realistic somewhat turn-based strategy game (partly real-time) Combat Mission.

Enjoy.
----
YOBA:
Laddar...
Laddar...
03.05.2012 - 04:28
Skrivet av YOBA, 01.05.2012 at 17:02

Skrivet av Deray YG, 01.05.2012 at 08:54

>1991

Yeah, but it doesn't mean you come out of your mother's womb and the first thing you do is play the Sega Mega Drive. You need to be of a certain age to do that, like 36, duh.

i was playing video games when i was like 6upwards rofl
Laddar...
Laddar...
04.05.2012 - 08:27
We had intellivision, coleco, atari 2600. archaic now but so mindbendingly fun and addictive then. then we graduated to home computers, the vic 20, the commodore 64, the commodore 128, and the king of its era the Amiga. I spent hours on the early ultima games and various other rpg's. Strategy games were somewhat harder to come by. . . oh the nostalgia ... carry on
----
Ernest Hemingway
Laddar...
Laddar...
14.05.2012 - 09:50
>PS2
>best gaming console ever
----
Skrivet av NateBaller, 30.08.2012 at 20:04

I make Americans look bad? Are you kidding me?
Laddar...
Laddar...
14.05.2012 - 12:12
 YOBA
Skrivet av DURRHUNTER, 14.05.2012 at 09:50

>PS2

Nah, honestly its games are just outdated now. Not just the graphics, but often the gameplay too.

Hence, the current generation of consoles is the best, though the Nintendo 64 has the highest number of really good exclusives in my opinion. But titles exclusive to one platform (be it a console or else) are never a good thing.

As for the best gaming platform, that is easily, hands-down, none other than the PC*.

* I bet you little whippersnappers don't know what that even stands for, goddamn younglin's.
----
YOBA:
Laddar...
Laddar...
14.05.2012 - 14:58
Skrivet av YOBA, 14.05.2012 at 12:12

>PS2

Nah, honestly its games are just outdated now. Not just the graphics, but often the gameplay too.

Hence, the current generation of consoles is the best, though the Nintendo 64 has the highest number of really good exclusives in my opinion. But titles exclusive to one platform (be it a console or else) are never a good thing.

As for the best gaming platform, that is easily, hands-down, none other than the PC*.

* I bet you little whippersnappers don't know what that even stands for, goddamn younglin's.

No XBAWK IS BEST

With its exclusive titles like halo its game are superior and it graphics are unmatchable. I heard xbox sold a million more units then PC ever did. Xbox is also SUPER reliable and it NEVER over heats like a computer. Youre just MAD because you cant use OUR LUCIOUS ethical controllers!
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
Laddar...
Laddar...
15.05.2012 - 05:47
 YOBA
Skrivet av Jim Jimmies, 14.05.2012 at 14:58

>PS2

No XBAWK IS BEST

With its exclusive titles like halo its game are superior and it graphics are unmatchable. I heard xbox sold a million more units then PC ever did. Xbox is also SUPER reliable and it NEVER over heats like a computer. Youre just MAD because you cant use OUR LUCIOUS ethical controllers!

Not sure if trolling.

I think the controllers are really cool though, I've always preferred that layout to the PlayStation-style controllers.
----
YOBA:
Laddar...
Laddar...
15.05.2012 - 16:08
Skrivet av YOBA, 15.05.2012 at 05:47

Skrivet av Jim Jimmies, 14.05.2012 at 14:58

>PS2

No XBAWK IS BEST

Not sure if trolling.

I think the controllers are really cool though, I've always preferred that layout to the PlayStation-style controllers.

Sarcasm duh. I would totally play on the PC if I had the cash and system

Right now I can barely run ARMA free at low settings.
----
All our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Life's but a walking shadow a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing
Laddar...
Laddar...
15.05.2012 - 17:37
 YOBA
Skrivet av Jim Jimmies, 15.05.2012 at 16:08

Sarcasm duh. I would totally play on the PC if I had the cash and system

Right now I can barely run ARMA free at low settings.

Yeah dude you're telling me. I can barely run the original Operation Flashpoint on my computer at higher settings. I cannot run Victoria II at a comfortable speed. I cannot even run Afterwind at a very good speed. However much I've done on the software optimisation side, it's just an old computer that desperately needs replacing at this point.

And yet, the fancy Unity desktop (which I now prefer to the also-fancy KDE Plasma desktop) actually runs faster than a supremely optimised installation of XP and the latest drivers. Not to mention I'm running XP on the lowest possible settings and have even gone as far as to kill a few system services. That's what happens when poorly-coded and utterly inefficient operating systems dominate the market... you're still forced to use them despite their obvious inferiority. Damn monopolisation. Needs moar anti-trust cases.
----
YOBA:
Laddar...
Laddar...
13.04.2013 - 19:19
bo_bo
Kontot borttaget
Master of Monsters is probably the greatest turn based strategy game that has ever existed. The company that made the game still exists and still puts out strategy games in Japan, including updated versions of Master of Monsters. They are called System Soft Alpha. Originally they were known as System Soft. You are in luck because they put out a military turn based strategy game for the PS2 Dai Senryaku Exceed 7: Modern Military Tactics Dai. It is still available for the PS2 brand new for around ten us dollars on amazon. They also put out a version of Master of Monsters for the PS1 but it is much slower than the Sega Genesis version due to the Cd medium and they injected rpg elements into it. You should check out their website in Japan when you get a chance. I am happy they are still in existence after all of these years. Enjoy.
Laddar...
Laddar...
14.04.2013 - 01:09
Nikola Tesla
Kontot borttaget
Skrivet av Guest, 13.04.2013 at 19:19

Master of Monsters is probably the greatest turn based strategy game that has ever existed. The company that made the game still exists and still puts out strategy games in Japan, including updated versions of Master of Monsters. They are called System Soft Alpha. Originally they were known as System Soft. You are in luck because they put out a military turn based strategy game for the PS2 Dai Senryaku Exceed 7: Modern Military Tactics Dai. It is still available for the PS2 brand new for around ten us dollars on amazon. They also put out a version of Master of Monsters for the PS1 but it is much slower than the Sega Genesis version due to the Cd medium and they injected rpg elements into it. You should check out their website in Japan when you get a chance. I am happy they are still in existence after all of these years. Enjoy.
Fuck MoM. atWar better.
Laddar...
Laddar...
15.04.2013 - 07:38

>PS2

Wikipedia says Playstation 2,do I get a cookie nao?
----
Magnets,how do they work?
Laddar...
Laddar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Integritet | Användarvillkor | Bannare | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Följ oss på

sprid vidare