Skaffa Premium för att gömma alla reklamer
19.04.2017 - 15:22
A Remedial Appraoch of the Merger Idea of Croat

Laochra has in recent days warned against the ever shrinking competitive side of Atwar. In response, Croat has proposed to merge clans with a view to re-activating CW. But a number of players have voiced concerns:

1. Clan Cultures Incompatible with each other
2. Old Reputed Clans Destroyed
3. Stacked Clans Proven Ineffective

The concerns are fair and true. To find a middle ground between promoting CW and preserving clans integrity, I am writing to propose a remedial approach of the merger idea:

1. Create Four Houses based on Four Major Cultures in AW
A. Funny & Adventurous (e.g. EC)
B. Small Circle Elitism (e.g. Aristokrats)
C. Team Oriented Comrades (e.g. Illyria)
D. Slavic Community (e.g. MK)

2. Each Clan may Elect to Join a House
The principle is the same with NATO or the Soviet Bloc. You can be Germany and a member of NATO at the same time. Each clan has double identity.

3. House League
My proposal: In addition to the present CW system, Admin creates an additional house league, which is a competition among the four houses. In other words, MK can still CW EC; A clan of House A can CW another clan of the same house. The present CW structure is intact and fine. Integrity of clan not infringed. House league works in this way: Any player from the same house can CW against any player from another house. Suppose Illyria and SM are in the same house, and EC and Immortals in another house: Goblin or Bonker can join Acquiesce or Laochra to CW against Clovis or Njab or Cold Case or any other player from either EC or Immortals so long as he is in the same house.

Since the essence of Lao's complaint is that CW activity is low, I believe that the House League can best boost CW, with least prejudicial effect brought to the current structure. If you have 3 players in a clan, you CW against another clan, the same way it works now. If you do not have 3 players in a clan, you join with other player from your house against another house. Either way, you can CW, and there is going to have a lot of CW.

In Long Term, my Proposal may even transform into this way:

Once a new player reaches R4, he can choose a "career path" and (have to) elect to join a house based on the culture he prefers. As the size grows, each house can create training clans and train these low ranks into competitive players. This will be more efficient than the mentorship programme as new players are now formally nudged to the competitive side. We have to accept that no player is born to be competitive. The house system, however, can provide the necessary coaching and initiatives for the growth of this game.

What is also good about this proposal is that low ranks can play CW a lot. Under the current structure, few clans train low rank, and low rank can seldom play CW because there is no equalvalent opponent. Under house system, however, it is more easy to find 3 low ranks from a house against 3 low from another house. Low ranks can thus gain more CW experience, the essential element of growth.

Q&A:

Q1. What is needed to make this work?
A: Very Slight change to the programming. We only need 1. Creation of Four Houses 2. Clan leaders to decide on which house to join 3. Seperate House Elo Count 4. Allow players of each house CW against players of another house in the CW room.

Q2: How are new clans put into house?
A: By collective approval of leaders of each clan in the house. Then a notice should be sent to Admin to add the clan into the house.

Q3: Can a clan change its house?
A: No. The reason is to make things consistent and to promote bonding or a sense of belonging within a house.
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 15:24
#Invisible4mod!2k17
----

Skrivet av Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 15:42
I join the House of Nero
----

TJM !!!
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 15:46
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Strong support

House Targaryen anyone?
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 16:04
What is "Slavic Community" supposed to be?
----
Someone Better Than You
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 16:32
As promising as it sounds..... this needs admin intervention.... we're fucked up
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 16:43
 Witch-Doctor (Mod)
No this would put EC on the same league as SP police which I wont let happen
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 16:51
I love this!

I've got nothing to add since everything is described; just support the idea as strong as it's mine
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 18:06
 4nic
Would rather be a free city of essos...
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 19:38
I SUPPORT HOUSE STARK ~
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 19:41
 Sid (Admin)
Hmm, this is a great idea as well.

• What if 1 house is stacked?
  • Can any clan join a house? What if that house doesn't want that clan? (or it completely doesn't fit in)
  • Isn't the name "Slavic community" too specific? Wouldn't it be better if all the houses were named after traits?
  • Should there be a house chat?
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 20:12
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
19.04.2017 - 22:31
Sounds cool. Support.
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 00:44
Ghost
Kontot borttaget
Full support
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 05:34
Skrivet av Dragon, 19.04.2017 at 21:03

if cln leaders of that house approve

That looks great on paper.

Skrivet av Witch-Doctor, 19.04.2017 at 16:43

No this would put EC on the same league as SP police which I wont let happen

Skrivet av 4nic, 19.04.2017 at 18:06

Would rather be a free city of essos...

Have your two shqiptar traitors come to your sense yet. This is the part of the bible where the crumbling clans desperately try to join each others. They've form a "feet of mingled iron and clay" (Daniel 2).

Our great savior njab already said that this would happen. Theses who call themselves "competitive" while playing only one map were deemed to be dead by God itself. The current competitive scene as it is must die. The game can't afford to keep this going for long.

At the end once they all have their rant and leave, we'll see the rise of a new and glorious atWar, with a lot of diversity. We'll lose many years of knowledge, but we'll finally be able to move on...

... or they could stop pretending to group up individual's players interests and instead focus on diversify the scene now you know.

Skrivet av clovis1122, 16.04.2017 at 20:46

I feel pissed every time that the people wrongly divides theses categories. Instead of attempting to group a portion of the community against another, we should'be more inclusive with the rest of the players by allowing them to participate in the ranking system under some preset rules. We should have CWs and Duels on Scenarios. If the admins already let the clans to decide if the map that they're going to play is or is not balanced, then they should do the same with the scenarios.

But I believe that any major change to the current situation would require admin's help, which I barely see happening.

Even though they're complaining now I'd say that we'll last for 1-2 more years. This scene has been drying since 2011 after all...

May njab be with you guys.

Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 06:34
Hellenistic and germanic community ftw
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 06:36
Skrivet av Azula., 20.04.2017 at 06:34

So now you're not spanish nor latin?
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 06:39
Skrivet av RaulPB, 20.04.2017 at 06:36

Skrivet av Azula., 20.04.2017 at 06:34

So now you're not spanish nor latin?

Ofc the great latin community but I included it with the hellenic community since yeah we did get our inspiration from it, didn't we
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 06:43
Skrivet av Azula., 20.04.2017 at 06:39

Ofc the great latin community but I included it with the hellenic community since yeah we did get our inspiration from it, didn't we

Nice excuse bro now stop speaking barbarian and communicate in latin!
----
We're all people.

Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 06:47
Skrivet av RaulPB, 20.04.2017 at 06:43

Deus vult, vincere Constantinople
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 07:23
Skrivet av RaulPB, 20.04.2017 at 06:43

bitch pls all of Europe is the brainchild of ancient Greece nomatter how you look at it.
----
Someone Better Than You
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 09:48
Skrivet av Zephyrusu, 20.04.2017 at 07:23

bitch pls all of Europe is the brainchild of ancient Greece nomatter how you look at it.

Omg I had never seen the serious, annoyed, straightforward scenario guy before!! So lovely of you to answer my troll attempt with El crey
----
We're all people.

Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 10:22
Skrivet av RaulPB, 20.04.2017 at 09:48

Omg I had never seen the serious, annoyed, straightforward scenario guy before!! So lovely of you to answer my troll attempt with El crey

I was neither serious nor annoyed there... ._.
----
Someone Better Than You
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 10:47
I only see one problem with this:

Croat is a fag.
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 11:24
Skrivet av Zephyrusu, 20.04.2017 at 10:22

I was neither serious nor annoyed there... ._.

AWWWWWWWW.... I was expecting you to start an argument just like everyone else does around here.... you just broke my heart, ain't I important enough for you to flame me?

I think I'm getting too offtopic on this one, anyway without admin intervention this is kinda useless... should I even dare to dream about it?
----
We're all people.

Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 11:40
Skrivet av RaulPB, 20.04.2017 at 11:24

AWWWWWWWW.... I was expecting you to start an argument just like everyone else does around here.... you just broke my heart, ain't I important enough for you to flame me?

I think I'm getting too offtopic on this one, anyway without admin intervention this is kinda useless... should I even dare to dream about it?

Sorry but I'd never flame anyone over something as pathetic as something that doesn't involve scenarios. Tough luck.
----
Someone Better Than You
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 13:47
I just dont want to be in the same house with waffel...

Rest is fine.
----

http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14714&topicsearch=&page=
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 13:52
Skrivet av Mauzer Panteri, 20.04.2017 at 13:47

I just dont want to be in the same house with waffel...

Rest is fine.

Stop using my name to collect upvotes. I didn't give you my permission...
----

Skrivet av Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 14:03
Skrivet av Zephyrusu, 20.04.2017 at 11:40

Sorry but I'd never flame anyone over something as pathetic as something that doesn't involve scenarios. Tough luck.

Fuck, should have known better myself... I feel dumb now. I blame scenarios for this! Fuck them right?
----
We're all people.

Laddar...
Laddar...
20.04.2017 - 15:30
Skrivet av clovis1122, 20.04.2017 at 05:34

Our great savior njab already said that this would happen. Theses who call themselves "competitive" while playing only one map were deemed to be dead by God itself. The current competitive scene as it is must die. The game can't afford to keep this going for long.

At the end once they all have their rant and leave, we'll see the rise of a new and glorious atWar, with a lot of diversity. We'll lose many years of knowledge, but we'll finally be able to move on...

... or they could stop pretending to group up individual's players interests and instead focus on diversify the scene now you know.

Don't worry dear you'll have your wish and sooner than you think(end of the summer season at the latest) but the new atwar won't be what you hope for. What you desire is impossible but you haven't the sense to see this. I will point to this post and laugh at you if you're still here. I am quoting you so you cant delete this post.

The only hope for an improved competitive atwar is the admins. Only they can begin to fix what bad custom maps, bad scenarios and rp began. Only 3 weeks ago i saw acqui duel one of the new r15s on eurasia. Acqui took a troll strat and beat the dude on expansion alone. Only yday i saw a r8 begin a duel on eu+ with ukraine. He took poland and rs t1 and double walled his cap including ra tanks in the wall. That is atwars future clovis, and you're too blind to see this. Instead you piss on the players and the maps which made you the player you are. Good on ya m8.

And it's dying not drying. Drying is what you hope will happen to your wet clothes when you put them out in the sun.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Integritet | Användarvillkor | Bannare | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Följ oss på

sprid vidare