Skaffa Premium för att gömma alla reklamer
28.03.2015 - 15:19
Stryko
Kontot borttaget
Now since a lot of people are buying monthly subscriptions mainly for a general, I thought it'd be nice for people to be able to rent a general for 100 protocoins (up for discussion).
To add onto this, not everyone wants a general so, as many older players will know, there used to be packages that you could buy for lifetime, so I also suggest that these could also be rented. (different price ranges ofc).
What do you think? Paying for everything when, say, you want to make maps seems a little expensive. An alternative could be to bring back packages at higher prices for lifetime...
Laddar...
Laddar...
29.03.2015 - 14:27
Thank god there were those packages back then
Laddar...
Laddar...
01.04.2015 - 06:32
 brianwl (Admin)
Rent a gen... great idea! 5 pc's per game.
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
01.04.2015 - 22:01
Would open competitive play to more players who may not be able to afford full prem and generate more revenue. Good idea, support
----
intelligence + imagination = extraordinary result
Laddar...
Laddar...
02.04.2015 - 02:18
Skrivet av Sun Tsu, 01.04.2015 at 22:01

and generate more revenue.

Good idea until this part. No, it won't make revenue as much as it does now.

If a poll has to be made about why people buy premium, I feel confident enough for say that general is among the first 3 of the reasons.

To sum up my position, this is a pretty good idea and have my support, but a bad move in terms of economy. ¿ Would the admins earn more money by renting general than by subscriptions? ¿If people are able to buy general, would it affect the amount of players that buy subscriptions or lifetime packares?
Laddar...
Laddar...
02.04.2015 - 04:02
Skrivet av clovis1122, 02.04.2015 at 02:18

Skrivet av Sun Tsu, 01.04.2015 at 22:01

and generate more revenue.

but a bad move in terms of economy. ¿ Would the admins earn more money by renting general than by subscriptions? ¿If people are able to buy general, would it affect the amount of players that buy subscriptions or lifetime packares?

I would of thought it may motivate players to purchase lifetime premium, after players becoming accustomed to using the general in games. If players did 'rent-a-gen' over a long period then this would be a revenue stream for AW, eventually eclipsing the highest subscription value available. Also note that every upgrade is available to trial apart from the general using proto-coins.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
02.04.2015 - 04:38
Skrivet av Sun Tsu, 02.04.2015 at 04:02

If players did 'rent-a-gen' over a long period then this would be a revenue stream for AW[...]

Let's see:

Briawnl suggested 5 pc per game. I am assuming this also unlocks gen upgrades (though this information is wortless to what we are trying to calculate here).

Exchange: 100 PC = 1US$
So... 5 PC = 5 cents.

The packare is at 4.67US$ last time I checked.

Assuming every game the player rent a general, 4.67 ÷ 5 = 94 games (94 round from 93.4)

So, he need 94 games with general for accoplish the cost of one subscription of one month. Which means, 94 games in one month.

Now I dont know how much games does a regular low rank plays per month, but I assume it is a pretty low time. If he played 20 games instead of 94 the admins would be losing 74*5/100 dollars. Not for say that they already start up with 50 protocoins, this could incertive alt accounts farm.

So, after this I would discard brianwl's suggestion.

Since Stryko didn't specified any time duration, I cannot really count it. But if we assume you unlock general for a whole month for just $1 dollar, the admins would be losing 4x amount of money.

Now, it would benefit the admins if it was 100 PC per game, because it opens another option for non premium, and also let them recover their inversion... At the 5th time someones buy this new feature. But I guess that person would buy subscription before research here

Some variants that you've stated in your argument such as how much player would feel motivated and etc, I cannot answer as it requires empirical experience.
Laddar...
Laddar...
02.04.2015 - 04:53
Skrivet av clovis1122, 02.04.2015 at 04:38

Skrivet av Sun Tsu, 02.04.2015 at 04:02

If players did 'rent-a-gen' over a long period then this would be a revenue stream for AW[...]

Let's see:

So, after this I would discard brianwl's suggestion.

Maybe renting a gen for 100-150PC per day would prove more viable, opening up the option to use protocoins/sp to rent/purchase other general upgrades, like a player can already once premium is purchased, also this option would be the same as the current format.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
04.04.2015 - 14:10
 brianwl (Admin)
5 pc was just a suggestion... given i've played 68 000 turns, at an average of perhaps 3 min per turn, and generated 484 protocoins:

68000x3min =~ 200000min / 60 min per hous = ~30000 hours. This is about 30000/484 protocoins or 6 hours per protocoin... so 1 game with a general = playing AW for 6 hours... Seemed reasonable as the dependent variable is time. Then you go throw US dollars into it, which tends to complicate matters.

Since i don't view US dollars as empirical and have no credible information to supports this, i would have to discard your suggestion to discard my suggestion
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
04.04.2015 - 15:44
Skrivet av brianwl, 04.04.2015 at 14:10

5 pc was just a suggestion... given i've played 68 000 turns, at an average of perhaps 3 min per turn, and generated 484 protocoins:

68000x3min =~ 200000min / 60 min per hous = ~30000 hours. This is about 30000/484 protocoins or 6 hours per protocoin... so 1 game with a general = playing AW for 6 hours... Seemed reasonable as the dependent variable is time. Then you go throw US dollars into it, which tends to complicate matters.

Since i don't view US dollars as empirical and have no credible information to supports this, i would have to discard your suggestion to discard my suggestion

US Dollars are an international metric to gauge value which most people understand the value of, anyway protocoins value are relatively the same regardless of the currency used.

Basically 100 PC = US$1
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
04.04.2015 - 16:03
If we were to have rent a gen on game by game basis, the price would have to adjust for the type of game, for example if it costs 50pc for a eu or eu+ game it should cost 100pc for a world or casual game, since those games tend to go longer
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
09.04.2015 - 15:44
 brianwl (Admin)
Skrivet av Sun Tsu, 04.04.2015 at 15:44

Skrivet av brianwl, 04.04.2015 at 14:10

US Dollars are an international metric to gauge value which most people understand the value of, anyway protocoins value are relatively the same regardless of the currency used.

Basically 100 PC = US$1

The value of a US dollar isn't defined, not even by the US government. The fact that anyone uses it as a metric continues to defy common sense. That people claim it is an international metric borders on delusional. That anyone attempts to assign value to it is downright pathological. But this is the world we live. At least units of time are defined and agreed upon, so one second here is basically the same as one second in where-ever you are, provided you're not in proximity to a black hole or worm-hole. So to use time as an empirical metric is the best choice i can make at present.
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
09.04.2015 - 20:42
Skrivet av brianwl, 09.04.2015 at 15:44

The value of a US dollar isn't defined, not even by the US government. The fact that anyone uses it as a metric continues to defy common sense. That people claim it is an international metric borders on delusional. That anyone attempts to assign value to it is downright pathological. But this is the world we live. At least units of time are defined and agreed upon, so one second here is basically the same as one second in where-ever you are, provided you're not in proximity to a black hole or worm-hole. So to use time as an empirical metric is the best choice i can make at present.

Eh. Values of any currency are defined by who's willing to pay what amount of other currency to obtain another. I.e if the vast majority trade 1.47 USD for 1 British pound, the value of the british pound is equal to 1.47 USD. (which it is)

In a sense all currencys are equal. I can go onto Amazon and buy the same amount of items no matter what currency im using.
Laddar...
Laddar...
09.04.2015 - 21:11
 brianwl (Admin)
Skrivet av Fockmeeard, 09.04.2015 at 20:42

Skrivet av brianwl, 09.04.2015 at 15:44

Eh. Values of any currency are defined by who's willing to pay what amount of other currency to obtain another. I.e if the vast majority trade 1.47 USD for 1 British pound, the value of the british pound is equal to 1.47 USD. (which it is)

In a sense all currencys are equal. I can go onto Amazon and buy the same amount of items no matter what currency im using.

That is your definition... but the point is well made... the value is defined by each person and what they are willing to pay... which means if there are 7 billion people here, and 7 billion 'wills' , then there are 7 billion definitions of the value of a US dollar, making it by definition the LEAST empirical standard. And so we get back to discarding the suggestion to discard my suggestion
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
09.04.2015 - 21:33
Skrivet av brianwl, 09.04.2015 at 21:11

--

Whatever, just know those two concepts:

1) You start with 50 PC per account.
2) You are purposing 5 PC for general per game.

Basically ten games with general for free, and can be easy farm at low ranks lever.
Laddar...
Laddar...
09.04.2015 - 23:07
Skrivet av clovis1122, 09.04.2015 at 21:33

--

Basically ten games with general for free, and can be easy farm at low ranks lever.

100 pc per day is a better proposal perhaps

And Brian, most people are fully aware of the macro economic fraud taking place and how money has no intrinsic value, however for as long as enough people believe the dollar is worth something then I assume it will be used as an international metric as it is the most widely used trading currency between countries.
Laddar...
Laddar...
09.04.2015 - 23:23
 brianwl (Admin)
Skrivet av The Bastard, 09.04.2015 at 23:07

Skrivet av clovis1122, 09.04.2015 at 21:33

--

100 pc per day is a better proposal perhaps

And Brian, most people are fully aware of the macro economic fraud taking place and how money has no intrinsic value, however for as long as enough people believe the dollar is worth something then I assume it will be used as an international metric as it is the most widely used trading currency between countries.

Sure, maybe 10 games of free general early on is a bit generous, but i don't think it's an insane gift.. gives new players a chance to use the general for a few more games after the free premium runs out.... like i said, it was just a suggestion... 100 per day is also reasonable, the idea of 'rent a general' is the main point of support.

As for the macro economic fraud, and most people being fully aware, i hope that's true ... maybe people will choose a change. Of course, if it is true, it could also mean most people have already made the choice to accept the fraud so it will never end... which still bothers me even though i don't really know why it should...
----

Laddar...
Laddar...
09.04.2015 - 23:33
Skrivet av brianwl, 09.04.2015 at 23:23

for a few more games after the free premium runs out....

Just a note that the general unit is not included in the initial 3 days of registration

people have already made the choice to accept the fraud so it will never end... which still bothers me even though i don't really know why it should...
Most people are also deluded and brainwashed into sovereign patriotism while they get shafted big time, gg
Laddar...
Laddar...
16.04.2015 - 21:28
#Support
----
R.I.P. Mortal Kombat 2/15/2015

~Cryptic(CDN)
Laddar...
Laddar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Integritet | Användarvillkor | Bannare | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Följ oss på

sprid vidare