Skaffa Premium för att gömma alla reklamer

Det ursprungliga inlägget

Inlagd av Cloverfield, 16.10.2013 - 06:43
Yeah as title i think it would be good if we can add music for our own scenerios or maps

example; i made total war map and i putted total war musics , or im making ww2 scenerio then im putting cod themes and everyone can lissen while playing my scenerio.

Games would be more fun with this and we can feel what we playing.

Say support if you with me.
08.11.2013 - 20:06
 Utah
Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 19:02

Skrivet av Utah, 08.11.2013 at 18:58

Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 18:47

Skrivet av Utah, 07.11.2013 at 21:08

Skrivet av Guest, 07.11.2013 at 18:06

This is not necessary, just turn off the Sound / Music and listen to what you want.

But I want to FORCE people to listen to my music D:

Seriously though, It would really help for immersion in scenarios. Something that is really needed what with all the political flame wars going on in games. Please tell me how you will fight with me over how I named Judea Palestine if you are hearing soothing Roman flute music. Yes...listen...let the butthurt flow out of your system...mmmmm.

I don't think admins will implement this

Are you the admins? NO. Stop thinking for them.

It's too obvious. You can't force people to listen what you want Everyone has different "taste" of music.
+ They are not even implementing any of the good ideas in forums, but I think they're just too busy with the HMTL5 Conversion thing. They will eventually respond.

Mass Effect forces us to listen to its music.
CoD forces us to listen to its music.
Civilization forces us to listen to its music.
Total War forces us to listen to its music.
Battlefield forces us to listen to its music.
Minecraft forces us to listen to its music.
All games force us to listen to their music.
If I make a scenario I should be able to force people to listen to its music. If people don't like it there is a stop music button.
----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:17
Skrivet av Utah, 08.11.2013 at 20:06

This is not necessary, just turn off the Sound / Music and listen to what you want.

Seriously though, It would really help for immersion in scenarios. Something that is really needed what with all the political flame wars going on in games. Please tell me how you will fight with me over how I named Judea Palestine if you are hearing soothing Roman flute music. Yes...listen...let the butthurt flow out of your system...mmmmm.

It's too obvious. You can't force people to listen what you want Everyone has different "taste" of music.
+ They are not even implementing any of the good ideas in forums, but I think they're just too busy with the HMTL5 Conversion thing. They will eventually respond.

If I make a scenario I should be able to force people to listen to its music. If people don't like it there is a stop music button.

I like the idea of *forcing* music, or at least changing the soundtrack. It was cool at first (two years ago), but it seriously does not fit with the many scenarios anymore. If they can never implement streaming of tracks at least, than maybe they can expand the soundtrack to encompass more themes and let us choose which music plays?
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:22
 Utah
Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 20:17

I like the idea of *forcing* music, or at least changing the soundtrack. It was cool at first (two years ago), but it seriously does not fit with the many scenarios anymore. If they can never implement streaming of tracks at least, than maybe they can expand the soundtrack to encompass more themes and let us choose which music plays?

I guess. Kind of a lazy way of doing it though.
----
The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:24
AlexMeza
Kontot borttaget

You don't get it Those are all independent games, you know. Also, I bet people would abuse this feature, and like Fock said, each song is around 1.8 MB.
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:27
 Utah
Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 20:24

You don't get it Those are all independent games, you know. Also, I bet people would abuse this feature, and like Fock said, each song is around 1.8 MB.

I don't see how it can be abused. Oh he put rickroll on? -turns music off- Problema resuerto.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:41
AlexMeza
Kontot borttaget
Skrivet av Utah, 08.11.2013 at 20:27

I don't see how it can be abused. Oh he put rickroll on? -turns music off- Problema resuerto.

Dunno, but keep in mind almost everything can be abused. Also, loading maps, scenarios and stuff is too much laggy already. (atleast for me, i'm not rich ;_;)
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:48
 Utah
Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 20:41

Dunno, but keep in mind almost everything can be abused. Also, loading maps, scenarios and stuff is too much laggy already. (atleast for me, i'm not rich ;_;)

Map laggy? PRESS THE PANACEA BUTTON (Mute)
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:52
AlexMeza
Kontot borttaget
Skrivet av Utah, 08.11.2013 at 20:48

Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 20:41

Map laggy? PRESS THE PANACEA BUTTON (Mute)

I play with muted but still laggy, I mean, it takes a while to load the map and stuff. With music it would be even worse.
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:52
AlexMeza
Kontot borttaget
Dem quotes.
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:57
 Utah
Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 20:52

Dem quotes.

Why did you stop the quote train...? Seriously why?
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
08.11.2013 - 20:58
AlexMeza
Kontot borttaget
Skrivet av Utah, 08.11.2013 at 20:57

Skrivet av Guest, 08.11.2013 at 20:52

Dem quotes.

Why did you stop the quote train...? Seriously why?

Kinda laggy xD Using a shitty laptop right now.
Laddar...
Laddar...
09.11.2013 - 05:29
I see someone opposite every new idea
Laddar...
Laddar...
11.11.2013 - 13:48
Support!
Laddar...
Laddar...
11.11.2013 - 15:26
Death1812
Kontot borttaget
Support
Laddar...
Laddar...
14.11.2013 - 14:21
 Utah
I would like this so that in my map if you play as the Native Americans you can get this sweet music:

----
Laddar...
Laddar...
15.11.2013 - 23:57
As much as i support this idea:

Skrivet av nonames, 14.11.2013 at 18:48

The other thread got overloaded with spam and this post would probably get lost, so i thought i would clear it up here.

1. Server Strain. it will have to download the music, and then re upload it to every player who loads the map, creating unnecessary server load

2. Licensing. If a big company comes along and sees Atwar maps using their copyrighted content, they have the right, because AtWar is effectively distributing the music, and seeing as it is a feature of the game, and making people more likely to buy premium features etc, they are profiting from this.
Long story short, 99% of the music you listen to will not be able to be used, only music files that are free public domain or Creative commons with the correct terms. unless you get explicit permission from the record label or creator of the song.

so to much hassle

An alternative

Embeddable youtube playlists, with you can set up. much like atwars radio, to play along with the scenario. this relieves atwar of any licensing issues because they are not actually hosting anything, just directing to where it is found, and they can take it up with the uploader if they wish. will also reduce server strain.
Laddar...
Laddar...
16.11.2013 - 00:07
 Utah
Skrivet av Meester, 15.11.2013 at 23:57

As much as i support this idea:

Skrivet av nonames, 14.11.2013 at 18:48

The other thread got overloaded with spam and this post would probably get lost, so i thought i would clear it up here.

1. Server Strain. it will have to download the music, and then re upload it to every player who loads the map, creating unnecessary server load

2. Licensing. If a big company comes along and sees Atwar maps using their copyrighted content, they have the right, because AtWar is effectively distributing the music, and seeing as it is a feature of the game, and making people more likely to buy premium features etc, they are profiting from this.
Long story short, 99% of the music you listen to will not be able to be used, only music files that are free public domain or Creative commons with the correct terms. unless you get explicit permission from the record label or creator of the song.

so to much hassle

An alternative

Embeddable youtube playlists, with you can set up. much like atwars radio, to play along with the scenario. this relieves atwar of any licensing issues because they are not actually hosting anything, just directing to where it is found, and they can take it up with the uploader if they wish. will also reduce server strain.

We have already stated multiple times that we are going with the Youtube playlist thing. Even before Arbitrator made his thread.
----
Laddar...
Laddar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Integritet | Användarvillkor | Bannare | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Följ oss på

sprid vidare