Skaffa Premium för att gömma alla reklamer

Undersökning

+1 Marine Capacity for Helicopters with Desert Storm

Yay
Nay

Antal röster: 200
12.03.2012 - 10:15
 Amok (Admin)
Should we make it so that Helicopters could carry 1 Marine with the Desert Storm strategy? Please provide an explanation, if possible.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:21
I think is a good idea
----

[center][img][/img]
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:23
I think it would be a good idea. It would not only add more realism to the strategy, but it will also give the strategy a uniqueness that further separates it from Sky Menace.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:28
Much as i would love that, would that not make transport planes rather obsolete? Since at least i would not be using nothing but marines, helicopters and maybe bombers in that case.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:28
Yes, but in that case helicopters don't need range boost. That way it would be more unique strategy than it is now, currently it's like a little different SM.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:30
It would not make transport planes obsolete because you cannot wall cities with Marines.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:32
Hmm, hard to say. I would like to play that strategy b4 I could give any proper conclution.:)
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:33
Its a good idea, but what will you take away to give this?
If its something i don't like then i vote no.
If you don't take anything then i vote yes.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:35
Skrivet av Covid19, 12.03.2012 at 10:21

I think is a good idea

And for you guys that said yes. Have you playd this strategy? or are you just simply saying yes because it sounds cool
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:38
Skrivet av KiNgSiZe, 12.03.2012 at 10:35

Skrivet av Covid19, 12.03.2012 at 10:21

I think is a good idea

And for you guys how say yes. Have you playd this strategy? or are you just simply saying yes because it sounds cool

it sounds cool
----

[center][img][/img]
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:40
I've played it, at 10k games its rather difficult to start, you have good expansion, but your main unit usually dies.
I think this +1 Marine would make a good addition to the strategy, as long as nothing else is nerfed, and this comes as bonus.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 10:58
NO!
1.Desert storm is already really expensive, focusing the strategy on Marines and not Infantry will simply mean this strategy wont be playable in almost every area of the map. Helicopter have an upkeep cost superior to bomber. That mean this strategy will cost more than SM.... that is ridiculous.

2. Helico+marines range could just mean that marines could have a fucking devastating range while helicopters could fight the main fight. Exemple Helicopter from paris attack the main infantry enemy stack in western gernamy while they unload marines to cap berlin the same turn. This will make this strategy way to OP if they have a decent income late game or if they start with 50000

3.To be balanced this strategy need to have an offensive units like helicopters and one defensive units like infantry, marines and helicopters will just totally unbalance this strategy by focusing on attack.

4. If your strategy focus on attack and is based on helico and marines that will mean that SM bomber and MOS stealth will simpyl rape it. Sky menace is already one of the most(maybe the most) played strategy by level 5+ in 1vs1. Adding a strategy that will easily beat SM weakness(PD,IMP,IF) and will be easily destroyed by Skymenace will just put SM in a situation like IF and GW was in the past. This will totally unbalance the game

5. The current strategy is already totally different from anything else. Why?
A) It is the only strategy where Helicopter are a viable choice and are the main units(Currently there is almost no use for helicopters except some special stuff like taking london turn 1 from France)
B) I don't know why a few peoples are saying this strategy is like SM now, in SM the infantry is unuseful while in this strategy infantry is a viable tactics, helicopter have less range than bomber, and in my testing game i never used any air transport for Desert storm. Sea transport infantry and Helicopters totally make the job.

6. Currently the only things that we need to balance this strategy is to buff, nerf helicopters. Adding one capcity for marines will simply destroy the balance in the game because Desert Storm will be monstruous in late game and in 50k games while it will just be a crappy strategy for everything else.

7. Removing the current range boost to helicopters if they have +1 capacity to marines will simply kill the use of infantry. By exemple infantry from marseille in a transport wont have any helicopters support from Lyon. That will mean that you will have to load marines in yours helicopters from lyon and marseille thus not investing in any sea transport or infantry in souithern France. As said before this will cost way more, so killing this strategy in low funded games... And you wont have any infantry to defend rome from a turkish invasion by exemple.... Focusing again the strategy on cash cash and attack.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 11:04
SuperiorCacaocow
Kontot borttaget
I completely disagree with you Thomas, in all points.
I suggested this for the reason Caulerpa already mentioned, a new, unique strategy instead of a slightly varied version of SM.
The added capacity will make you able to capture cities only with marines and helicopters, transporting a number of marines into your enemies territory without him knowing about it, while you use infantry to defend your cities as well as moving them to the front for walling captured cities.
As I said, this is a completely new concept and fits perfect for a new strategy. It is all about distraction, your helicopter stacks move forward while your enemy doesnt know where your marines will attack.
Desert storm. ;-)
There is no need to have only one unit for attacking and one for defence with each strategy, that's what is new about DS, and since you already use infantry to attack, adding capacity makes no difference here. The idea was to use marines for attacking before i suggested the capacity, and even if it would be OP (what I doubt) it would still be possible to change the helicopter range, as I already suggested.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 11:06
He made a good point
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 11:19
COW lets take every of your senteces and see why you are wrong:

1:NEW UNIQUE STRATEGY: There is currently nothing similar between DS and SM.

Units that we currently use in DS: Infantry, Helicopters, Marines, transports
Units that we use in SM: Militia from enutral cities capped, air transport bomber
Weakness of SM: Stacking infantry strategy like IMP,PD and IF
Weakness of DS: Air units strategy like SM and MoS

2:THE ADDED CAPACITY WILL MAKE YOU ABLE TO CATURE CITIES

Like i said before capturign cities with only mariens and Helico will unbalance the game due to a huge range to marines and a high upkeep cost.

3:While you use infantry to defend your cities as well as moving them to the front for walling captured cities

If you want infantry to move to the front that will be far away due to how far away teh mariens will atack you will need air transport and that mean a lot of cash

4: All about distraction

There is already 3 strategy that focus on distraction GW MoS and SM... why adding an other one if you want to add totally different strategies

5. Still possible to nerf the helicopter range
As i said before this will kil the use of infantry in this game due to the impossibility for infantry to have helicopter support like i said with my exemple of Infantry from marseille in a sea transport supported by lyon helicopters
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 11:36
SuperiorCacaocow
Kontot borttaget
Skrivet av Cardinal Ouellet, 12.03.2012 at 10:58

NO!
1.Desert storm is already really expensive, focusing the strategy on Marines and not Infantry will simply mean this strategy wont be playable in almost every area of the map. Helicopter have an upkeep cost superior to bomber. That mean this strategy will cost more than SM.... that is ridiculous.

You only need 1-2 marines to capture, while an air-transport costs 600, this is even less expensive than if you would use infantry. Still, nobody forces you to use marines, use infantry if you want, it won't get nerfed through the capacity.

2. Helico+marines range could just mean that marines could have a fucking devastating range while helicopters could fight the main fight. Exemple Helicopter from paris attack the main infantry enemy stack in western gernamy while they unload marines to cap berlin the same turn. This will make this strategy way to OP if they have a decent income late game or if they start with 50000

If you have enough money you can also send huge stacks of marines with MoS, argument invalid.

3.To be balanced this strategy need to have an offensive units like helicopters and one defensive units like infantry, marines and helicopters will just totally unbalance this strategy by focusing on attack.

The idea behind Desert storm was to use marines from the beginning, it wont unbalance the strategy since marines are still more expensive if you do the maths. Invalid argument.

4. If your strategy focus on attack and is based on helico and marines that will mean that SM bomber and MOS stealth will simpyl rape it. Sky menace is already one of the most(maybe the most) played strategy by level 5+ in 1vs1. Adding a strategy that will easily beat SM weakness(PD,IMP,IF) and will be easily destroyed by Skymenace will just put SM in a situation like IF and GW was in the past. This will totally unbalance the game

At the moment, you use infantry with Desert storm to attack. This will change with the marine capacity, which makes it no longer necessary to attack with infantry, so it stays in your countries to attack. Therefor invalid argument.

5. The current strategy is already totally different from anything else. Why?
A) It is the only strategy where Helicopter are a viable choice and are the main units(Currently there is almost no use for helicopters except some special stuff like taking london turn 1 from France)
B) I don't know why a few peoples are saying this strategy is like SM now, in SM the infantry is unuseful while in this strategy infantry is a viable tactics, helicopter have less range than bomber, and in my testing game i never used any air transport for Desert storm. Sea transport infantry and Helicopters totally make the job.

A) A unit with high range, and slightly increased power to defeat defence units is pretty similar to bombers. 2)With SM you use Infantry or Militia to capture, so Infantry isn't useless with it. Invalid arguments.

6. Currently the only things that we need to balance this strategy is to buff, nerf helicopters. Adding one capcity for marines will simply destroy the balance in the game because Desert Storm will be monstruous in late game and in 50k games while it will just be a crappy strategy for everything else.

It won't be crappy, you start with capturing close range cities and later place marines in enemies territory. For the OP thing check last post. Invalid argument.

7. Removing the current range boost to helicopters if they have +1 capacity to marines will simply kill the use of infantry. By exemple infantry from marseille in a transport wont have any helicopters support from Lyon. That will mean that you will have to load marines in yours helicopters from lyon and marseille thus not investing in any sea transport or infantry in souithern France. As said before this will cost way more, so killing this strategy in low funded games... And you wont have any infantry to defend rome from a turkish invasion by exemple.... Focusing again the strategy on cash cash and attack.

Reducing helicopter range by -1 or -2 won't change anything. Still the helicopter range could be varied later if it would be too strong. Invalid argument.

Skrivet av Cardinal Ouellet, 12.03.2012 at 11:19

COW lets take every of your senteces and see why you are wrong:

1:NEW UNIQUE STRATEGY: There is currently nothing similar between DS and SM.

Units that we currently use in DS: Infantry, Helicopters, Marines, transports
Units that we use in SM: Militia from enutral cities capped, air transport bomber
Weakness of SM: Stacking infantry strategy like IMP,PD and IF
Weakness of DS: Air units strategy like SM and MoS

High range and air units are pretty much similar.

2:THE ADDED CAPACITY WILL MAKE YOU ABLE TO CATURE CITIES

Like i said before capturign cities with only mariens and Helico will unbalance the game due to a huge range to marines and a high upkeep cost.

See former post.

3:While you use infantry to defend your cities as well as moving them to the front for walling captured cities

If you want infantry to move to the front that will be far away due to how far away teh mariens will atack you will need air transport and that mean a lot of cash

This is already being the case.

4: All about distraction

There is already 3 strategy that focus on distraction GW MoS and SM... why adding an other one if you want to add totally different strategies

Distraction is a concept, not a strategy. That DS is/will be different to the mentioned strategies is obvious.

5. Still possible to nerf the helicopter range
As i said before this will kil the use of infantry in this game due to the impossibility for infantry to have helicopter support like i said with my exemple of Infantry from marseille in a sea transport supported by lyon helicopters

No. Infantry will stay as defence unit and is therfor useful. Also you may use it for the first turns when you mainly capture close-range countries.

So for the moment I suggest adding the +1 range (obviously) and see how strong DC will be compared to the other strategies (currently it's weak). If it is too strong, removing helicopter range will be the right thing to do.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 12:33
Desert Storm rapes all strategies
the only strategies strong to defeat, or counter attack Desert Storm is:
SM,IF,GW,PD
other strategies are useless and get owned by Desert Storm.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 13:54
Personally, I think it would be 2 or 3 marines, but one is good.

And my opinion of the strategy itself is that it needs to be scrapped. The strat is OP because the real life operation was OP. The Iraqis had no chance.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 14:05
HOW MUCH SP IS THIS SOMEONE TELL ME
----
"Austria the shield and Prussia the sword!" Too bad that they are attached to the wrong arm: The right one holds the defiantly gli stening shield, and the left one is supposed to wield the sword"
-Franz Grillparzer, Prussian Officer
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 14:07
Marines should be able to be in helicopters anyway! And infantry! how bout 1 capacity for regular, and 2 for desert storm?
----
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poems right you!

Roses are grey
Violets are grey
I'm color blind

Roses are red
I have a phone
Nobody calls me
Forever alone

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme
this one doesn't
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 14:07
Marines should be able to be in helicopters anyway! And infantry! how bout 1 capacity for regular, and 2 for desert storm?
----
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poems right you!

Roses are grey
Violets are grey
I'm color blind

Roses are red
I have a phone
Nobody calls me
Forever alone

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Some poems rhyme
this one doesn't
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 14:29
It should, just because the strategy is honestly not very good right now. It's too expensive, can't really defend well, and it needs some way to cap better. Also Thomas, by making marines cheaper and reducing attack (to make it a partner capping unit) focuses on marines and not infantry, so I do think that this is a good idea.
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 14:30
Yes, but only with an upgrade
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 14:37
SuperiorCacaocow
Kontot borttaget
Skrivet av darkstorm777, 12.03.2012 at 14:07

Let's see how the +1 marine capacity for DS works, first. Later this may be an option, depending on the further development of the strategy.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 15:00
I have tried this strat and it really needs that +1 cause your already spending money on Helis why spend more on air transports? if you dont add+1 make it so helis take citys which is unbalanced
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 15:31
Yes this strategy need the +1 cap.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 16:21
 YOBA
ATTENTION!

I wasn't able to test it because even though I've linked by Facebook and AW accounts, liked AW and all that, I cannot use Helicopters! Even with this strategy enabled! This makes it unlike GW, with which even if you haven't bought the Militia upgrade, you can still buy militia if you're using the strategy at the time. A major problem especially if Facebook never worked.

Please fix this. If you do, I can vote on it too. :3 Pleeaseeeeeeeeeee I will have your babies Amok...
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 17:34
 Amok (Admin)
Skrivet av YOBA, 12.03.2012 at 16:21

ATTENTION!

I wasn't able to test it because even though I've linked by Facebook and AW accounts, liked AW and all that, I cannot use Helicopters! Even with this strategy enabled! This makes it unlike GW, with which even if you haven't bought the Militia upgrade, you can still buy militia if you're using the strategy at the time. A major problem especially if Facebook never worked.

Please fix this. If you do, I can vote on it too. :3 Pleeaseeeeeeeeeee I will have your babies Amok...

This is very weird. Anyway, good point, DS now enables Helicopters regardless.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 17:35

I will have your babies Amok...

Amok just got freaked out.
Laddar...
Laddar...
12.03.2012 - 18:16
 YOBA
Skrivet av Amok, 12.03.2012 at 17:34

This is very weird. Anyway, good point, DS now enables Helicopters regardless.

Awww yeaahhh! I'll still have your babies if you want, though I'll probably need a biological sex change first. I personally think it's because I play using the desktop client. I'll check in Firefox and see if everything's okay. Or perhaps it's because I connected the accounts an eternity ago, even before the site redesign. I'll report back tomorrow, hopefully.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Laddar...
Laddar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Integritet | Användarvillkor | Bannare | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Följ oss på

sprid vidare